From the Manufacturer
Why Sony? Because Sony adds quality, value, and artistic expression to the basic advantage of digital photography--not just replacing film, but enhancing creative possibilities and expanding technology horizons. The new Sony Cybershot DSC-W50 camera combines high-resolution 6.0-megapixel performance and compact design with the appeal of traditional rangefinder shooting, so both first-time buyers and step-up photography enthusiasts will have a camera that's equally adept at saving their memories and capturing their vision. Quality, convenience, and aesthetic excellence--they've been Sony advantages throughout its 60-year leadership in consumer electronics.
Style, Simplicity, and Performance
The DSC-W50 combines sleek metal body and compact design with new high-tech features for image quality and operating convenience. Super-sharp 6.0-megapixel resolution delivers more detail when you're cropping or making big prints. Carl Zeiss 3x optical zoom lens and High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 1000) combine to produce sharp images even in low-light conditions. And Sony's original Clear RAW NR processing circuitry minimizes the color noise distortion of high-sensitivity shooting.
A Screen that Shows More
The extra-large 2.5-inch LCD screen of the DSC-W50 not only gives you a big, bright image for setting up shots and checking results, it also displays a convenient camera Function Guide, with text and icons for easy-to-operate features like color and brightness adjustments, image size, flash and self-timer modes, focusing modes and more. The DSC-W-50 even provides an eye-level viewfinder for traditional shooting. Everything You Need for Great Results
Despite its compact size, the DSC-W50 incorporates shooting features every digital photographer wants--32 MB2 Internal Memory for capturing images in-camera without a flash memory card, built-in slot for optional Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO Duo media, and Stamina Lithium Ion battery with enough power to capture up to 390 shots3.
6.0-Megapixel Super HAD CCD
Higher megapixels gives you more detail and definition for making large prints and cropping in on your subject. Sony's advanced Super HAD (Hole Accumulated Diode) CCD design allows more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise.
Extra-Large 2.5-Inch LCD Screen
The DSC-W50 has a bigger, brighter 2.5-inch LCD screen for setting up and viewing images--with a one-touch "Play" button that makes it quick and easy to view your photos.
Simple Controls, Function Guide
User-friendly controls and simple on-screen Function Guide text/icon display help you set up camera functions for terrific shots--and you'll have greater creative freedom to adjust color mode (including "Natural" for subtle colors and "Rich" for more intense colors), sensitivity, brightness, and image size.
High Sensitivity Mode
A new High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 1000) allows you to shoot with great results in low-light conditions--and Sony's original Clear RAW NR (Noise Reduction) image processing technology helps suppress the color noise that can accompany high-senstivity shooting.
Carl Zeiss 3x Optical/2x Digital Zoom
3x optical zoom helps the DSC-W50 bring distant subjects closer and lets you frame shots for better composition; Sony's precision 2x digital zoom provides an additional 2x magnification to enlarge details without jagged edges.
Stamina Battery Power
With its powerful Lithium Ion rechargeable battery, the DSC-W50 can capture up to 390 images--enough for a whole vacation. The compact BC-CSG battery charger is also supplied for battery recharging on the go.
13x Smart Zoom Feature
At VGA resolution, Sony's Smart Zoom feature intelligently "crops into" the central portion of interest in your photo without sacrificing full CCD resolution--avoiding the image degradation of other digital zooms.
Capture Images In-Camera
With 32 MB of internal memory, the DSC-W50 allows you to shoot without a flash memory card--then transfer your images to optional Memory StickDuo media, upload to your computer, or make prints on your digital printer.
Memory Stick Duo Media
The DSC-W50 has a built-in slot for optional Memory StickDuo or higher-capacity Memory Stick PRO Duo media--the ultra-compact media for shooting, storing, and sharing your photo images.
MPEG Movie VX Fine Mode
The DSC-W50 can capture VGA (640 x 480) audio-video clips at high frame rate (up to 30 frames per second), with length limited only by the capacity of your media.
Product Features and Technical Details
• 6.0-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality 14 x 19-inch prints
• 3x optical zoom; 2.5-inch LCD display
• VGA movie mode (640 x 480) allows videos with sound, limited only by memory-card capacity
• High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 1000) allows shooting in low-light conditions
• Stores images on Memory Stick cards (32 MB of internal memory included)
• Imaging Device: 1/ 2.5-inch Super HAD CCD
• Megapixel: 6.0 megapixels
• Recording media: 32MB internal memory or Memory Stick DUO or Memory Stick DUO PRO media only
• Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups (3 aspheric elements)
• Viewfinder: Optical
• Lens type: Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar
• Zoom: 3x optical, 2x precision digital, 6x total
• Smart Zoom technology: Up to 4.1x (3 megapixels), 5.2x (2 megapixels), 13x (VGA resolution)
• Filter diameter: 30mm (with adapter ring VAD-WB)
• Focal length: 6.3-18.9mm
• 35mm equivalent: 38-114mm
• Focus: 5-area multi-point AF, center AF
• Minimum focus distance: 19.7 inches (50 centimeters), normal; 0.74 inches (2 centimeres), macro
• Shutter speed: 1/8 to 1/2000 second (auto), 1 to 1/2000 second (program auto)
• Aperture range: f2.8-7.1 (wide), f5.2-13 (telephoto)
• Flash effective range: ISO auto: 6 inches to 13 feet 8 inches (0.2 to 4.2 meters) (wide), ISO 1000: 2 feet 7 inches to 24 feet (0.8 to 7.3 meters) (wide)
• Exposure compensation: /-2.0 EV, 1/3 EV steps
• Color LCD: 2.5-inch 115K TFT LCD screen
• Flash modes: Auto, Forced On, Forced Off, Slow Synch
• Red-eye reduction: On/off, all modes
• Burst mode: 3 Shot at 1.43 frames per second (fps) (6-megapixel JPEG fine), 98-shot VGA at 1.43 fps (JPEG standard)
• Power save mode: Yes (after 3 minutes of inactivity)
• White balance: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Flash
• Color mode(s): Black and White, Natural, Rich, Sepia
• Date/time stamp: No/no
• Erase/protect: Yes/yes
• Media/battery indicator: Yes/yes
• Still image modes: Burst, JPEG (Fine/Standard), Multi-Burst
• ISO: Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000
• Scene modes: Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Soft Snap, Landscape, Beach, Snow, High Sensitivity
• Self-timer: Yes, 10 seconds, 2 seconds, off
• MPEG movie mode: MPEG Vx Fine (640 x 480, 30 fps) with audio, (MPEG Vx Fine requires Memory Stick PRO Duo media) MPEG Vx Standard (640 x 480, 16.6 fps) with audio, Video Mail (160 x 112, 8.0 fps) with audio
• Microphone/speaker: Yes/yes
• USB terminal: USB output: Yes, via multi-terminal, supports USB 2.0 Hi-speed2
• Memory Stick PRO Duo Media compatibility: Tested to support up to 2 GB Memory Stick PRO Duo; does not support Access Control security function
• Audio/video outputs: Yes, via multi-terminal
• Battery type: Lithium-ion NP-BG1
• Battery capacity: 3.6V, 950 mAh
• Supplied software: Cyber-shot Viewer Vers 1.0 USB driver, (Windows)
• Operating system compatibility: Microsoft 2000 Professional, ME, xP Home and Professional; Macintosh OS 9.1/9.2/OS x (10.0-10.4)
• Limited warranty: 1 year parts and labor
• Real Imaging Processor technology: Yes
• PictBridge compatible: Yes
• Clear RAW NR: Yes
• Multi-pattern measuring: Yes, 49 segment
• Color: Silver
• Dimensions: 3 1/2 x 2 1/4 x 15/16 inches (89 x 57 x 23 millimeters)
• Weight: 4.7 ounces (127 grams), body; 5.8 ounces (157 grams) including battery and optional Memory Stick DUO media
***product is new
please contac me asap through email or cp.